Dr. Paul M. Wendee, Managing Director | Wendee, Totaro & Associates, LLC
About this talk
Crowdfunding is a new frontier for financial service firms; but one that holds great promise for providing extended value to all of a financial service firm’s clients. For the firm’s issuer clients, crowdfunding is a relatively new, and often effective, way to raise capital for the issuer. For the firm’s investor clients, it is a chance for investors that were not able to access parts of the equity markets previously, to reach those markets and investments now. It’s also a more effective and efficient way for all investors to find and access different types of alternative investments.
The crowdfunding that will be discussed in this webinar is equity crowdfunding, as opposed to donation-based crowdfunding. The differences between these two major types of crowdfunding will be discussed, along with the unique characteristics and benefits of equity crowdfunding.
This presentation will also discuss how the use of Alternative Asset Classes and individual Alternative Assets can substantially increase portfolio returns while reducing portfolio risk. Alternative investments can be delivered by means of digital platforms such as crowdfunding platforms.
Here are some of the topics which will be discussed:
1. The different types of crowdfunding.
2. Equity versus donation-based crowdfunding.
3. The unique characteristics and benefits of equity crowdfunding.
4. Regulation CF crowdfunding.
5. Non- regulation CF crowdfunding.
6. How to get into the crowdfunding business.
7. Alternative investments – what they are and how to use them?
8. Increasing portfolio returns and reducing portfolio risk with alternative investments.
9. Putting alternative investments on crowdfunding platforms.