Dr. Irina Steenbeck, Managing Director | Data Crossroads
About this talk
Data lineage and knowledge graphs are data management capabilities that many companies would like to or have implemented. These capabilities assist in getting value from data and sustaining competitive advantage. However, several challenges with the implementation of these capabilities exist:
- Data management professionals have different views on these capabilities. Their definitions are not aligned within the data management community. These capabilities have a lot in common.
- The implementation of these capabilities is time- and resource-consuming. The correctly defined scope is one of the implementation success factors.
- Many companies still document data lineage and knowledge graphs manually in Excel.
- Plenty of various automated solutions exist. However, finding a proper solution is problematic as providers don’t have an aligned terminology to describe functionality. Often, quite differently labeled solutions deliver similar functionality.
In this session, we will discuss how to solve challenges and:
1. Demonstrate a metamodel of data lineage and knowledge graphs.
2. Show differences and similarities of these capabilities in terms of business drivers, architecture, and use cases.
3. Provide an overview and comparison of various data lineage and knowledge graphs IT tools.
About the speaker
Dr. Irina Steenbeek is a data management practitioner with more than 12 years of experience. The key areas of her professional expertise are the data management maturity assessment, implementation of data management frameworks, and data lineage. Irina has practical experience in software implementation such as ERP and DWH/BI, management consultation, financial and business controls, and data science.