Bojan Magusic, Program Manager and Book Author | Industry Thought Leader
About this talk
Prioritizing sound security hygiene is a highly effective practice for companies to significantly reduce the risk of security incidents, but unfortunately, is often overlooked.
In this presentation, Bojan Magusic, program manager and author of Azure Security, will share a real-world security incident (without disclosing specific details or names). He will provide an overview of the incident, including its effects on the organization, followed by a discussion of potential preventive measures. Bojan will also share trends he sees in the real world, some best practices on how organizations should approach governance, readiness, and leadership support, and more.
At the end of this session, you can expect to:
- Be able to explain why cloud security posture should be an organizational-wide priority.
- Understand how lack of security hygiene can impact your organization and its business.
- Understand which security misconfigurations of cloud services you should prioritize and fix first.
- Understand which cloud services are targeted more often than others, even across multi-cloud.
- Learn how to use infrastructure as code to embed security hygiene into pre-deployment.